GlobiMail uses Email Address Mapping as it's default setting
This changes all addresses on the emails to a mapped address.
When you send an email or when a recipient replies, it is directed to our server and then we forward to the actual address.
The goal of GlobiMail is to keep you in Podio so that you no longer need to jump back and forth to your Inbox. By design, emails to your 🗳️Team List will not be delivered to their Inbox.
While Email Address Mapping proves to be most beneficial and easiest to use, some Senders still want their email to be recognizable to the Recipient. Set up your 🚀Sending Domains to digitally sign your emails for better deliverability.
Turning off Email Address Mapping
This option is not recommended due to higher risk of email errors. Be sure to use the 🚀Sending Domains to ensure tracking emails while Address Mapping is turned off.
Once mapping has been turned off under Advanced in the 🎯Configuration Settings, two things are required:
- GlobiMail will insert a Unique Tag Identifier into each email when you manually compose an email from inside Podio.
- The tag can be placed in the subject or hidden in the email body. example: [GWA:GWP:651347244] If this tag is missing, the email will error as it will not be able to connect to the Podio item.
- Then set up a Forwarding Filter at the mail server or Inbox level to forward copies of all tagged email to our servers.
- Follow the instructions given on the Advanced Settings page
If the Forwarding Client sends a verification email, it can be found in the 📠Email Logs.
- Follow the instructions given on the Advanced Settings page If the Forwarding Client sends a verification email, it can be found in the 📠Email Logs.