When corresponding with contacts from your "Inbox", you can BCC the Unique App Address to attach the emails to the corresponding Podio Item.
The BCC Drop Box Address for each App can be found by hovering over the App or on the BCC Drop Box tab in the App Settings under 🎯Configuration Settings It is set in the format CompanyCode.AppCode@globimail.com
- When Sending an Email to your contact, simply CC or BCC the Unique Email Address.This will typically match the email to the Item by the TO address.
- When an Email is Received from a contact, Forward this to the Unique Email Address.This will typically match the email to the Item by the Original FROM address. Be sure not to add any text above the ----Original Message----
Set the App Settings under 🎯Configuration Settings to adjust what happens when emails are received at this BCC Drop Box address.
By Default, if no matching contact is found, an Error will be generated and an Email Notification sent so that you can create the contact manually.
- Create New Items? to have new items created when an unknown Contact is received.
- OR Add .NEW to the Unique Email Address to ALWAYS force a new Item creation.
- Notify if no Contact Found? to turn OFF the Email Notifications
If you have multiple Podio Items with the same contact email address, the email will attach to the Most Recently Created Item.
- Attach to All? to attach the incoming email to ALL Podio Items matching the contact email.