The Status will be indicated in the Header of the email comment in the Podio Item.
Complete actions when this status changes using 🚗Automation Triggers
Common Status Messages
- Processed: Our sending server has received the message and prepares it to be delivered.
- Delivered: This means the email has been accepted at the receiving server.
- Opened: The email is viewed, user must have images turned on.
- Clicked: A link is clicked in the email. Click tracking must be enabled in 🚗Automation Triggers
- Unsubscribed: Fires when a recipient unsubscribes to your content.
- Bounced: If a server cannot or will not deliver a message, SendGrid fires a bounce event. Bounces often are caused by outdated or incorrectly entered email addresses.
- Dropped: This event informs your system when an email has been dropped. Further, it provides a reason for the drop, such as if we’ve found spam content (if spam checker app is enabled) or we see the recipient has unsubscribed previously.
- Deferred: When an email cannot immediately be delivered, but it hasn’t been completely rejected, the deferred event fires. Sometimes called a soft bounce, SendGrid will continue to try for 72 hours to deliver a deferred message.
- Reported Spam: The recipient reported the email as SPAM. Multiple spam complaints can result in deactivation of your account.
See the SendGrid Blog for more depth on these messages.